Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Thankful-

In the quieter moments of the holiday bustle I find myself rehearsing the many moments, people and things I'm thankful for.  I'm thankful for Christmas at my dad's cabin in Jackson, for Karen's wonderful feast inspired by Bon Appetit, for the drive home so I can see the old-fashioned colored Christmas lights strung from pole to pole in the little pop stand towns along 93, for Christmas Eve in Alexandria on the white horse farm, for mom and stepdad's surprise visit at the Lodge with brother and grandma, for another family visit later in the day, for Christmas night by the fire with the border collie we all adore and for every moment following these.  I want to remember and stay thankful but I'm finding that the way of life seems to be- be present now because a new and fresh moment will take place.

I look forward to the moments ahead but most of all I'm thankful for the moment that was and is.

Have yourself a merry little moment....

No comments:

Post a Comment